Category: Yarn Talk
|September 14, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
What do you call your yarn balls? Do you know of another ball or hank type that I’ve missed? I LOVE hearing from you guys.
For my part I was surprised with donut-ball and cake – even I realize that there are some difference ;o)
|September 1, 2017||Filled under Giveaway, Seasons, Yarn, Yarn Talk|
I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever for this moment…my first autumnal post of the year, yay! ;o) Now, as much as I love long summer nights, picnics in the park, hiking, and traveling, I’m no natural summer lover…. Autumn has always been, and always will be, one of my favorite time of the year!
Bye bye Summer, Hello delicious Autumn! It’s a new season. A perfect opportunity to do something NEW and BOLD, something beautiful!
…And it’s a Labor Day weekend! So, let’s go for some deals I have for you! ;o)
♥ ♥ ♥ First, a SPECIAL DEAL: get 35% off your entire purchase of $24.95 or more. Use code AUTUMN35 at checkout.
And now, it’s a giveaway time!
One lucky from anywhere in the world will win 3 hanks of such luxury and my absolute favorite Cascade Yarns Venezia Sport (70% merino wool, 30% silk; 307.5 yd [281 m]/3.5 oz [100 g]) OR Venezia Worsted (70% merino wool, 30% silk; 218 yd [199 m]/3.5 oz [100 g]) in colors of Your choice!
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
You can enter the contest in 3 ways:
- Mandatory Entry: Just share what is your favorite season or simple leave any comment on this post here—mylittlecitygirl.com. No other action is required ;o)
- Optional Entry # 2: Blog about this giveaway, linking to this post, and leave another comment to this post with a link to your blog post.
- Optional Entry # 3: Share this post on any of your accounts: Instagram, Google+, Facebook, Ravelry, Twitter, Yahoo, etc., leave one more comment on this post (if possible, with your link, but here is no any obligations). You also can just share my original Google+ and Facebok posts. Share on more networks for more entries! (one additional entry per one network).
- This contest starts today, September 1st, 2017 and will end on September 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
- I’ll select the winner with random.org’s random number generator. A Winner will be notified by email on Monday, September 11th, 2017.
|August 3, 2017||Filled under Inspiration, Yarn Talk|
My beautiful orchid in a bloom… such inspiration and pure eye candy!!
I wish to find a yarn company that would offer such a choice of shades of green and pink, or better to say – a palette as DMC threads have ;o)
Have a wonderful and lovely weekend!!
|July 24, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
If you new to my blog, I want to introduce you Yarn Talk (formed “Featured Yarn”) category. Yarn Talk is a category about everything about yarn… favorite kinds, new yarn finds, weights and substitutes, storage, etc.
I recently had the pleasure of trying Premier® Yarns Cotton Fair® Solids Yarn for the very first time and it is fantastic to work with. This is a fine weight yarn and the fiber content is a mix of cotton and acrylic; making it durable, soft and light weight. Cotton Fair® Yarn is very easy to crochet with and the stitches slide smoothly along your hook. Can’t wait to show you my newest blanket and some fall/winter accessories made with this lovely yarn!
Brand: Premier® Yarns
Yarn Name: Cotton Fair® Solids and Multis Yarn
Weight: Sport weight (#2 Fine)
Fiber Content: 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic
Yardage: 317 yd (290 m)/3.5 oz (100 g)
Care Instructions: Cool iron. Machine Washable.