Category: Yarn Talk
|December 22, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
I pretty often receive a question what yarn I use for my baby blankets. Below is an answer:
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Brand: Omega Yarns
Yarn Name: Trigo
Weight: Dk weight (#3Light)
Fiber Content: 100% Cotton
Yardage: 295 yd (270 m)/3.5 oz (100 g)
Care Instructions: Machine washable.
Price: $5.50. 5 balls of all one color – $26.50
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
Some blankets made with Omega Trigo. Guess what is my favorite color for baby blankets? ⠀
Have a lovely and wonderful weekend!
|September 28, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
One of hundred reasons why I just love to work with Interweave, it’s discover new yarn. Recently I finished another project and had an absolute pleasure deal with Bamboo Pop! Fifty-Fifty, or 50% cotton/50% bamboo to be exact—could I ask for more? ;o) I wish to tell you more details, but we should wait until Summer 2018…
Anyways, Universal Yarns Bamboo Pop is definitely in my favorite-yarn-list ….more projects to come ;o)
Brand: Universal Yarns
Yarn Name: Bamboo Pop
Weight: Dk weight (#3 Light)
Fiber Content: 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic
Yardage: 292 yd (267 m)/3.5 oz (100 g)
Care Instructions: Machine washable. Do not bleach, dry flat, do not iron.
|September 14, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
|September 1, 2017||Filled under Giveaway, Seasons, Yarn, Yarn Talk|
I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever for this moment…my first autumnal post of the year, yay! ;o) Now, as much as I love long summer nights, picnics in the park, hiking, and traveling, I’m no natural summer lover…. Autumn has always been, and always will be, one of my favorite time of the year!
Bye bye Summer, Hello delicious Autumn! It’s a new season. A perfect opportunity to do something NEW and BOLD, something beautiful!
…And it’s a Labor Day weekend! So, let’s go for some deals I have for you! ;o)
♥ ♥ ♥ First, a SPECIAL DEAL: get 35% off your entire purchase of $24.95 or more. Use code AUTUMN35 at checkout.
And now, it’s a giveaway time!
One lucky from anywhere in the world will win 3 hanks of such luxury and my absolute favorite Cascade Yarns Venezia Sport (70% merino wool, 30% silk; 307.5 yd [281 m]/3.5 oz [100 g]) OR Venezia Worsted (70% merino wool, 30% silk; 218 yd [199 m]/3.5 oz [100 g]) in colors of Your choice!
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
You can enter the contest in 3 ways:
- Mandatory Entry: Just share what is your favorite season or simple leave any comment on this post here—mylittlecitygirl.com. No other action is required ;o)
- Optional Entry # 2: Blog about this giveaway, linking to this post, and leave another comment to this post with a link to your blog post.
- Optional Entry # 3: Share this post on any of your accounts: Instagram, Google+, Facebook, Ravelry, Twitter, Yahoo, etc., leave one more comment on this post (if possible, with your link, but here is no any obligations). You also can just share my original Google+ and Facebok posts. Share on more networks for more entries! (one additional entry per one network).
- This contest starts today, September 1st, 2017 and will end on September 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
- I’ll select the winner with random.org’s random number generator. A Winner will be notified by email on Monday, September 11th, 2017.
|August 3, 2017||Filled under Inspiration, Yarn Talk|
|July 24, 2017||Filled under Yarn, Yarn Talk|
If you new to my blog, I want to introduce you Yarn Talk (formed “Featured Yarn”) category. Yarn Talk is a category about everything about yarn… favorite kinds, new yarn finds, weights and substitutes, storage, etc.
I recently had the pleasure of trying Premier® Yarns Cotton Fair® Solids Yarn for the very first time and it is fantastic to work with. This is a fine weight yarn and the fiber content is a mix of cotton and acrylic; making it durable, soft and light weight. Cotton Fair® Yarn is very easy to crochet with and the stitches slide smoothly along your hook. Can’t wait to show you my newest blanket and some fall/winter accessories made with this lovely yarn!
Brand: Premier® Yarns
Yarn Name: Cotton Fair® Solids and Multis Yarn
Weight: Sport weight (#2 Fine)
Fiber Content: 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic
Yardage: 317 yd (290 m)/3.5 oz (100 g)
Care Instructions: Cool iron. Machine Washable.