Liebster Blog Award
|January 21, 2015||Filled under Featured, Life|
I was recently nominated by sweet Lin Wibisono at CrochetRockstar to participate in the Liebster Award. After spending some time with Google, I learned [kinda] that:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
Well, this is simply a way of getting to know each other. Sounds fun!
It wouldn’t be award without a set of rules, and the blogging world is no exception. In accepting this award, a blogger will follow the following rules. It is a way to “Pay It Forward” to other bloggers.
If you have been nominated below for the Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award; who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
- Once you have written your post and published it, you then have to inform the bloggers whom you’ve nominated for the Liebster award. Remember to give a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here we go ;o)
My answers to Lin’s Libster Award questions
1. What is your favourite hook?
I just love ebony hooks from Lantern Moon (I wish they have C/2 (2.75 mm) size hook, which is my favorite).
2. Anyone else crocheting in your family?
My mom and niece.
3. How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?
I am extremely lucky because my hobby is my main work. So, if I not working on the patterns, my books, publications, new website, drawing diagrams, typing, reading, learning, socializing, workout, walking, cooking—I bet you will find me with hook or needles… ;o)
4. Will you teach a family member to crochet?
I do not think I’m a good teacher, but I’ll do my best by request.
5. Where do you crochet?
Mainly, in front of my computer, sitting in a comfy chair with our adorable Chihuahua Pixie on my lap, and watching something interesting or reading a book (if knitting). The others places: in the car or airplane (during our trips), sometimes on the beach or during camping time.
6. Do you have a crochet group?
No any at this time.
7. Who inspire you to crochet the first time?
A kindergarten’s teacher. I was 5 years old and crocheted my first flower with very long chain (read stem)!
8. What is the most expensive yarns you ever bought and what did you make with it?
I believe it was Prism Peacock (about $90 per hank). I’ve knitted a wrap for my friend with it.
9. Do you make item for yourself or to sell?
Since 2008, when I started to work on patterns, mostly I do design and make samples for my patterns. Or something for my Kristin by her request, and gifts for her and my friends.
10. What is the coolest thing you have crocheted?
The first hat and booties for my daughter I knitted about a week before Kristin was born.
11. Why do you blog?
When I started blogging almost eight years ago it was for a very simple reason—I wanted my very own little “corner” in the Internet universe to share everything about my passion and things I love to do: my creations, patterns, tips and experience. I was surprised at how quickly I meet many wonderful and talented people online, and how the blogging community is friendly, encouraging, and genuinely cheering for you to succeed. I was hooked. Well… now I blog to express myself and my ideas, to supplement my business, to put my creation out into the world…
Random Facts about me
- My first name reads the same backwards and forwards [aka palindrome].
- About 90% of my wardrobe are black & white. Favorite print (since I was a child) is still a polka dots.
- I am not a fan of chocolate, candies, cakes and any other sweeties at all.
- Graduated from University of Economy, I worked 8 years as computer programmer (go figure) until our moving to US.
- I’m totally crazy on tropical plants, which are successfully adopted in our not too tropical climate ;o) My absolute favorite are Golden bamboo, Japanese forest grass, Maranta (family Marantaceae) …just to name a few.
- Recently I lifted 165 lbs weight bar during the morning workout at Emprowered Recreation.
- I still love and collect cute plush toys. My favorite are: pandas, penguins, hedgehogs and absolutely adorable handmade dolls by Adushka.
- Another my big love are owls, and I have a huge collections of them—plush ones, ornaments, paintings, etc.…
- I always hated to be pictured. To my surprise, I found that out tiny Pixie is on the same page with me. But we did it couple weeks ago for coming Imagical Seasons™ book series. Many thanks to Lana Maytak for the Magic and patience with us!
- My Birthday is a first day of Taurus.
- In 2014 I donated 17 pairs of shoes. Don’t ask how many pairs I have in my closet ;o)
Done! Now it’s time to nominate… I nominate:
My questions to the bloggers nominated are:
- What is your favorite yarn to work with?
- Who inspire you to crochet the first time?
- What project are you currently working on, or want to get started with?
- What is your favorite place to knit/crochet?
- What is the coolest thing you have knitted/crocheted?
- Favorite color combination(s)?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere right now where would you go?
- If your friends had to describe you in one word what would it be?
- Did you ever think you would start a blog?
Happy reading, and congrats to all the new nominees! xo!
congratulations Alla ❤️
Thank you Judy! :)
I dunno how this post skipped my notice … Many many err belated congratulations <3
Love the plant collection they are so…. GREEN! :D i too would love to own a small garden someday. These days dreaming about a fairy garden *in a 6inch globe atm
Best of luck for future Alla :)