|February 24, 2016||Filled under Etsy, Featured, Featured Patterns, Patterns|
Flower Power Bolero – my almost first pattern and bolero design, and one of my absolute favorite ones!
Magnolia Coat – I love white and lace… what else I should add to describe this design? ;o)
Oh, and Sunlit Rose – soft as rose petals at dawn, this bolero is sure to win any little girl’s heart!
A lovely and sunny Wednesday everyone!!
|February 3, 2016||Filled under FB page, Featured, Holidays, Marketing|
I just realized that it’s very first time when I wrote a post at Imagical Crochet Creations facebook’s page, and totally forgot to share it here. Oh my, I can’t believe it!
So, just in time for Valentine Day and coming Spring/Easter…
A book always makes a fantastic gift, and crochet pattern books for crafters are not exclusion! ;o) Let me introduce Imagical Seasons™ pattern book series available in paperback, digital and Kindle formats! Plus, ♥ I have a SPECIAL DEAL FOR YOU: get 30% off on entire purchase exclusively at ImagicalSeasons.com! Offer valid now through Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 11:59pm PST. No code needed.
To look inside the books, please make sure to check my Amazon store; To find the book in both PDF and PAPERBACK formats, please visit my site: http://imagicalseasons.com/; The books are also available at Etsy and Ravelry.
|November 27, 2015||Filled under Featured|
Happy Holidays! Now through December 1, 2015 get a number of great patterns each for $5.00! And when you spend more than $30, you get 15% OFF your entire order!
“So, how do I find these deals?” you may be asking…
It’s easy! Just click the link below to find all the deals.
YouCanMakeThis.com have lots of great patterns available for only $5.00’s each! Make sure you click through all the pages to see all the patterns for sale!
There are several pages of deals to look through! You might also want to try using the sorting options at the top of the page and increase the Items per Page – there is a lot to see! I was invited to join and gladly offering you my Fluffy Clouds Blanket for this such fun event!
|March 12, 2015||Filled under Featured|
It’s time again for the big $5.00 Deals sale at YouCanMakeThis.com!
And, it’s on RIGHT NOW!
A huge selection of great patterns and projects are on sale for only $5, giving you savings of up to 75% on some! Plus, get 10% off all purchase over $25.
This sale runs now through March 17, 2015.
“So, how do I find these deals?” you may be asking…
It’s easy! All of the patterns and projects that are part of the $5 Sale added to the Featured Products category.
There are several pages of deals to look through! You might also want to try using the sorting options at the top of the page and increase the Items per Page – there is a lot to see! I was invited to join and gladly offering you my Magnolia Lace Coat Pattern for this such great event!
A wonderful and lovely weekend everyone!!
|January 21, 2015||Filled under Featured, Life|
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
Well, this is simply a way of getting to know each other. Sounds fun!
It wouldn’t be award without a set of rules, and the blogging world is no exception. In accepting this award, a blogger will follow the following rules. It is a way to “Pay It Forward” to other bloggers.
If you have been nominated below for the Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award; who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
- Once you have written your post and published it, you then have to inform the bloggers whom you’ve nominated for the Liebster award. Remember to give a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here we go ;o)
My answers to Lin’s Libster Award questions
1. What is your favourite hook?
I just love ebony hooks from Lantern Moon (I wish they have C/2 (2.75 mm) size hook, which is my favorite).
2. Anyone else crocheting in your family?
My mom and niece.
3. How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?
I am extremely lucky because my hobby is my main work. So, if I not working on the patterns, my books, publications, new website, drawing diagrams, typing, reading, learning, socializing, workout, walking, cooking—I bet you will find me with hook or needles… ;o)
4. Will you teach a family member to crochet?
I do not think I’m a good teacher, but I’ll do my best by request.
5. Where do you crochet?
Mainly, in front of my computer, sitting in a comfy chair with our adorable Chihuahua Pixie on my lap, and watching something interesting or reading a book (if knitting). The others places: in the car or airplane (during our trips), sometimes on the beach or during camping time.
6. Do you have a crochet group?
No any at this time.
7. Who inspire you to crochet the first time?
A kindergarten’s teacher. I was 5 years old and crocheted my first flower with very long chain (read stem)!
8. What is the most expensive yarns you ever bought and what did you make with it?
I believe it was Prism Peacock (about $90 per hank). I’ve knitted a wrap for my friend with it.
9. Do you make item for yourself or to sell?
Since 2008, when I started to work on patterns, mostly I do design and make samples for my patterns. Or something for my Kristin by her request, and gifts for her and my friends.
10. What is the coolest thing you have crocheted?
The first hat and booties for my daughter I knitted about a week before Kristin was born.
11. Why do you blog?
When I started blogging almost eight years ago it was for a very simple reason—I wanted my very own little “corner” in the Internet universe to share everything about my passion and things I love to do: my creations, patterns, tips and experience. I was surprised at how quickly I meet many wonderful and talented people online, and how the blogging community is friendly, encouraging, and genuinely cheering for you to succeed. I was hooked. Well… now I blog to express myself and my ideas, to supplement my business, to put my creation out into the world…
Random Facts about me
- My first name reads the same backwards and forwards [aka palindrome].
- About 90% of my wardrobe are black & white. Favorite print (since I was a child) is still a polka dots.
- I am not a fan of chocolate, candies, cakes and any other sweeties at all.
- Graduated from University of Economy, I worked 8 years as computer programmer (go figure) until our moving to US.
- I’m totally crazy on tropical plants, which are successfully adopted in our not too tropical climate ;o) My absolute favorite are Golden bamboo, Japanese forest grass, Maranta (family Marantaceae) …just to name a few.
- Recently I lifted 165 lbs weight bar during the morning workout at Emprowered Recreation.
- I still love and collect cute plush toys. My favorite are: pandas, penguins, hedgehogs and absolutely adorable handmade dolls by Adushka.
- Another my big love are owls, and I have a huge collections of them—plush ones, ornaments, paintings, etc.…
- I always hated to be pictured. To my surprise, I found that out tiny Pixie is on the same page with me. But we did it couple weeks ago for coming Imagical Seasons™ book series. Many thanks to Lana Maytak for the Magic and patience with us!
- My Birthday is a first day of Taurus.
- In 2014 I donated 17 pairs of shoes. Don’t ask how many pairs I have in my closet ;o)
Done! Now it’s time to nominate… I nominate:
My questions to the bloggers nominated are:
- What is your favorite yarn to work with?
- Who inspire you to crochet the first time?
- What project are you currently working on, or want to get started with?
- What is your favorite place to knit/crochet?
- What is the coolest thing you have knitted/crocheted?
- Favorite color combination(s)?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere right now where would you go?
- If your friends had to describe you in one word what would it be?
- Did you ever think you would start a blog?
Happy reading, and congrats to all the new nominees! xo!
|January 14, 2015||Filled under Featured, In The News|
What a surprise-email I’ve got from Julia Litz, one of the editor of Fave Crafts, that my project Meringue Cowl pattern was one of the most popular craft tutorial on FaveCrafts.com and was included in The Best of the Best: The Top 100 Projects of 2014. Yay, how exciting!! Thank you so much ladies!
And I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the amazing Lin Wibisono at CrochetRockstar! Thank you so much Lin, it is always an honor to receive an award. The Liebster Blog Awards is about people nominating other people so their name get recognized. And sure, here are rules, which are fun and simple:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award (done).
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 random questions.
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees.
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more bloggers!
I’ll post my answers next Wednesday.
P.S.: BTW, did you notice that I’ve back on my “regular” schedule – a weekly posting?! I chose post every Wednesday this time ;o)
A wonderful and lovely day everyone!
|January 5, 2015||Filled under Featured|
Madrona Fiber Arts was started by fiber enthusiasts who wanted to bring great teachers to the Northwest. “We love the camaraderie, creative energy, and the sharing that is generated among students and teachers by combining incomparable teaching, small classes and informal settings”, – the founders Suzanne Pedersen and Cornie Taley said.
The most exciting news is that my dear friend and beyond talented knitwear designer, author, and a professional teacher Faina Goberstein. She will teach all 4 days plus some mini classes that will announced later. To find Faina’s classes, please go to the Schedule page, and search for “Faina”:
Faina Goberstein learned to knit as a young girl in Russia without the use of patterns. She is the co-author of the bestselling book The Art of Seamless Knitting (Interweave 2013) and the teacher of “Sizing Knitwear Patterns”, one of the most popular classes on Craftsy.com. She collaborates with Interweave Press for a production of teaching webinars and DVDs. Faina loves teaching and took an early retirement from being a math professor to let her long-time passion for knitwear design become her second profession. She is best known for her elegant and well-fitted classic designs showing off textures, cables, brioche and slip stitch techniques. Her designs often appear in Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Twist Collective and various books.
If you will not able to visit this event, I would highly recommend you take Faina’s Crafty Classes online.
|June 4, 2014||Filled under Creations, Featured|
Thank you SO MUCH everyone!! This blanket is my very first I’ve even made, and was designed for our friend’s baby girl couple years ago!
A wonderful day everyone!!
|April 7, 2014||Filled under Featured|
I’m so excited to call this such cute baby ~mine, and just can’t wait to hug her in person!! Made by BEYOUND TALENTED Ada Gurevich, my most LOVELY and FAVORITE online friend (in case, here is her Etsy shop).
….I’m just dying to meet Ada in person in some of days!
Oh, and here is another cutie of her, which is in my book already ;o)
Aduschka, you are AMAZING!!! I just ADORE YOU!!
|June 24, 2013||Filled under Etsy, Featured|
Thank you so much for including the Fluffy Clouds Blanket pattern! Also this pattern was featured in wonderful Soft Place to Fall collection by Maureen, which “inspired by mothers who are their childrens’ soft place to fal, comes this collection of soft, fluffy things that make you feel good. Just like Mom.”
Many thanks for including my Dandelion Tunic pattern Sabine!
One of my favorite design and my most lovely Black and Red Mod treasury created by beyond talented girl and my dear friend Ada Gurevich!! “Sometimes I’ve been thinking that I have like dark mood, but then I thought it’s not so bad because this dark colors they are just beautiful, and even babies see those colors first, the Valentine day is all over this colors.” Thank you so much Aduska for including my Minnie Jacket pattern.
And just in case – a couple more jackets for cold days ;o) My both: knit and crochet versions of Polar Bear jackets pattern was featured in Blue Color treasury by Olga and in Ice Ice Baby by Fulya. Thank you so much ladies!!
“…needles not my old bones lol ” says Margaret ;o))) Thanks a lot for adding my Flower Power Bolero pattern!
A wonderful and lovely Monday everyone!! :0) I have something to share with you late this week. See you then!!
Alla Koval Designs